Bus Travel NZ Ltd prides itself on being proactive in the field of sustainability.
Our work ethics and procedures relative to the bus and coach industry, including tourism, are constantly under scrutiny by local bodies, trade authorities and customers.
We have worked towards and earned:
- ‘Qualmark’ certification – New Zealand tourism’s official mark of quality – for our business practices.
- The prestigious Qualmark ‘Enviro Award Bronze’. To receive this award, Bus Travel NZ has had to:
- meet minimal requirements of waste reduction and recycling
- put in place initiatives to mitigate major energy, water and waste usage
- make significant contributions towards community or conservation activities
- monitor and document relevant resource usage
- give formal responsibility to team members to ensure the environmental action plan is being implemented.
Our vehicle purchases take into consideration environmentally-friendly Euro engines returning exception fuel consumption.
Bio-diesels are used by the Leopard Group by choice. We recognise the environmental benefits of bio-fuels in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, deforestation, engine noise and pollution. Leopard Coachlines lead the way as the first company in New Zealand to run an entire fleet on bio-fuel.
Driving staff are educated in the importance of economical driving, saving on vehicle wear and tear, economising on fuel and ensuring passenger comfort.
Combining Bio-fuels with economical driving practices means passengers enjoy a quieter ride and at the same time they reduce the carbon footprint of their journey.
Our Auckland based office and workshop facility also exhibits a high standard of compliance and is deemed to be a safe place to work.
Safe and happy staff, quality vehicles and good management guarantee sustainability into the future for our business.